Sunday 18 January 2015

Sunshine, Lemon and Raspberries.


Hi Fodmappers - I hope the sun is shining where you are?

It's been a beautiful day here today, the kind of day which puts you in mind of summer desserts. And as I have wanted to make these for a few days, today seemed the perfect day for them. They are also incredibly easy to do. (I made these in the length of time it took to also make a cup of tea).

All you need is

  • Some ready made meringue nests
  • A jar of lemon curd
  • Some raspberries
  • A bar of dark chocolate.

Simply spoon some lemon curd into the meringue nest. Top with raspberries and flakes of dark chocolate. (To make the chocolate flakes, simply shave the bar of chocolate with a knife).

And there you have it. A taste of summer, any time of year.

The sharpness of the raspberries goes wonderfully with the lemon and the meringue. And I just love dark chocolate! Of course, these are also low-FODMAP, but you'd never know. I always think that us Fodmappers miss out on so much, it's good to have a treat now and then. And if you're entertaining, these are something everyone could enjoy.

Try them and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment